If you feel like you are “vertically challenged”, here are a few quick tips to help a “sista” out!
1. Shorter tops or crop tops. Try to avoid the overly long tops. This will shorten your torso and make you look even shorter. If you love a top, but it’s too long, consider having it tailored to be shorter!
2. Fitted tops. The more fitted your top is, the more flattering you will appear. However, wear shape wear if you have more bumps and curves. (aka muffin top) Or choose a top that is semi-fitted and flairs at the base to hide those “love rolls”.
High Waist Pants. Skip the low rise pants and always choose high waist pants.
4. Skirt and shorts length. Either go above the knee or do a midi length. Anything right at or below the knee will make you appear shorter. Choose 3 – 4 inches above the knee, or 3-4 inches below the knee.
5. Wrap dresses are your friend. A cute, stylish wrap dress is cute on any shape, but especially a more petite in height lady. Try one on and see what you think! Plus they are usually super comfortable!
6. Kitten heel shoes. I love a kitten heel shoe. You don’t feel like you will topple over, but you feel dressed up. Plus it’s great for a shorter stature.
7. Smaller accessories. Choosing a smaller purse is important. You want your purse to stay in proportion to your body size. Same goes with your jewelry accessories.
8. Opt for the long necklace. Longer necklaces can give the illusion that you are taller and leaner. Just remember “long necklaces are your friend!”